The Davis Chamber of Commerce is looking for an energetic, positive, people-loving, organized individual to fill a position as Director of Member Development! Primary responsibilities will be membership growth and development and event planning. The successful candidate will enjoy personal interaction and meaningful community involvement and needs to be able to effectively manage a challenging range of job requirements, including, but not limited to:
• New member recruitment through networking and referrals.
• Retention and expansion of existing members.
• Represent the Chamber in the community, promoting all that the Chamber has to offer.
• Market Chamber events and offerings within the community.
• Solicit sponsorships for Chamber-sponsored programs and events.
• Ability to work within a budget, meeting profitability and growth goals, reporting to the CEO in a timely fashion.
• Plan event details, such as location, dates, time, food, décor, entertainment, transportation, insurance, and local regulation, etc.
• Ability to work with and lead committees of volunteers to plan and execute events and to achieve diverse goals.
• Handle communications for events, including internal and external media, invitations, advertising, etc.
• Ensure success of events, including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Maintain records of events (including photos) and conduct evaluations for each event completed.
• Management and expansion of Member-to-Member services (including an affiliate member discount program).
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
• Creativity and independent thinking.
• Ability to work within an environment of deadlines and due dates, prioritizing workload.
• On occasion is required to work into evening or weekend hours in support of specific events.
• Ability to multitask and deal with problems calmly and effectively.
• Office software capabilities, including Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Other duties as required
We are looking for an individual with a degree in marketing, sales, communications, or a related field with at least 3-5 years experience. This position is now closed.
The Davis Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.